Skip to:

Upgrading from old stand-alone, keep users separate?

• I had an old stand-alone version of bbPress running at one time. I’d like to bring it back up, and obviously upgrade to the newest version. I do not want to have forum users added as users in my main blog. Is my only option to install a second copy of WordPress to power bbPress?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Shane Gowland

What’s the reasoning for not having forum users added to your WordPress install?

Because the rest of my site doesn’t need anybody logging into it. Really, the forums are a completely separate entity from my blog (different topic entirely, very tangential). So it would make perfect sense to make it a separate WP install. I suppose it would just be convenient to manage the plugin administration together with my blog. I’m not sure if that makes a lot of sense to anybody but me. :)

I’ll probably just end up installing a new copy of WP. After all, I had bbPress as a separate install in the first place. I was just wondering if I could manage bbPress users separately from the WP site it’s installed under.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar