Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Upgrading from .9 to 2.0.2

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Yeah, I know, it’s been a while. So I made backups of my htaccess, and config file. Deactivated my plugins. Deleted all folders except my-plugins, and my-templates, htaccess, and config file. Then I uploaded everything, in auto for binary and ascii. When I go to my page, I get a white page. I type in bbpress.php and index.php, just white. Now what?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I reverted back to .9 version. I think I will have to incrementally upgrade. My question is what versions do I use to upgrade incrementally?

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

I am slowly making my way through this. Upgraded one forum from .9, to .9.07, to 1.1, keeping all the data. Then on the next forum from .9 to .9.07, keeping all the data. But when I tried to upgrade 1.1, it lost all the data. It thought it was an clean install, asked for more information than the other forum upgrade. So I reverted back to .9.07 where it found all the data. Then I uploaded 1.1 again, keeping the old config file, made sure I put in bb-admin/upgrade.php. It asked for a new config, so I put it in, then I reloaded bb-admin/upgrade.php. It said there was nothing left to upgrade; all my data was missing. So I deleted again, back to .9.07 where it found my data. I checked my config file, the table prefix is correct. What did I do in the first forum that it did an actual upgrade to 1.1?

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Would I have to go into the database to delete the new entries so it will see the old entries? What am I looking for exactly?

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Or can I delete something in the bbpress files?

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

It’s the htaccess file, I have to delete and reinstall the old version, isn’t! I feel like I’m the only one on this damn board!!! If someone could have only told me this sooner. Now school is out, and the internet hub for our area is overloaded, slower than molasses.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

It not that either. Can someone please give a suggestion?

OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

You can try forumconverter plugin…some people have had some luck with it…downgrade to v2 or RC before importing, though…you can upgrade to latest version after the import…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar