Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Updating Site Without Overwriting BBPress Posts

• joshualong
    Participant

@joshualong

We are hosting with WP Engine and used their staging function to create a few new pages, add some plugins, build a pricing table in one of the plugins, and upload a pile of pics to the media library.

Problem is that only the plugins made it over when we migrated without updating tables. So, we aren’t sure which tables to include in the staging migration to the live server without overwriting the forum activity we’ve had in the past week since making the staging environment.

WP Engine isn’t sure either, as they only found a note that BB Press forum topics, replies, etc, are stored in the wp_posts table.

Here are all the tables available for us to migrate over, so any help sorting out which ones would pull over our updates, without overwriting the forum (if that’s at all possible) would be great!

wp_commentmeta
    wp_comments
    wp_links
    wp_options
    wp_postmeta
    wp_posts
    wp_pts_modules
    wp_pts_modules_type
    wp_pts_tables
    wp_pts_usage_stat
    wp_taxonomymeta
    wp_term_relationships
    wp_term_taxonomy
    wp_termmeta
    wp_terms
    wp_usermeta
    wp_users

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Hi,
    I confirm that all topics,replies and forum are stored as custom post types in the wp_posts and wp_postmeta table like any other post.
    So you cannot just restore a table to get your data back.

I have never done this before, but I would try to clean the old environment, export and then import (I suppose import will append). Of course in test first.

Pascal.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar