Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Updating my import

• blandow
    Participant

@blandow

So I had to do a large import from vbulletin to make sure it would convert to bbPress, and everything works perfectly.

My question is this: There have been a few hundred more posts since my import on the client’s old site (current site) that I will need to import. Do I have to start over? Or will the importer just get new posts? I tried running the tool again, but it was still converting anonymous reply authors, which I killed because it didn’t seem to be needed. What would you suggest I do to move over the rest of the posts?

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

• blandow
    Participant

@blandow

Could really use an answer on this one guys… site going live in 2 days

Hi,
    I have been checking around, but no conclusive answer. All have done a FULL conversion, never an incremental…
    But I’m still trying to get you an answer.
    Pascal.

blandow
    Participant

@blandow

Any luck on getting a incremental conversion?

So far, none, sorry.

Did you export it to a file ? The only thing I see is that you could delete in your export file everything from before the date on which you already imported and then import the changed file.

There is no unique identifier that is being checked, so everything that is in the import file or DB will just be imported.

Pascal.

blandow
    Participant

@blandow

Ok, I will try. Our site is live now, and whenever I hit submit to write a post, it takes 15 seconds on average before it finishes, and then I am left with a blank screen where I have to hit refresh to get back to the thread… the post is there, but the blank screen thing is a problem…. Please let me know what I can do to fix this. Thank You.

Have you run the repair tools after your import ?
    If it’s a public site, can you please post the link ?

Thanks, Pascal.

blandow
    Participant

@blandow

insidestl.com

Message Board link on top right

Thanks!

Loading seems to work fine.
    For submitting I remember having helped somebody else with that, it was a plugin that blocked for sending out the emails. What bbPress or email related plugins do you have ?
    Pascal.

blandow
    Participant

@blandow

Easy WP SMTP for the registration emailing…..

Could be ok, try to see logs or so.

You have any plugins like ‘unread posts’ or ‘quotes’ or something that would calculate something like voices or posts to display it somewhere ? If so, try to deactivate.

And what is your PHP and MySQL version ? (if you don’t know, you can install my bbP Toolkit that shows it to you)

Or ‘views’ or ‘hit counts’ ?

blandow
    Participant

@blandow

Nothing like that… the loads times of loading posts and topics is fast, it’s just the submit is super slow and then you end up on a blank screen and have to refresh…thats really rough…

There has to be something. Any possibility to list me all the plugins ?

blandow
    Participant

@blandow

Admin Custom Login
    AdRotate Pro
    amr shortcode any widget
    bbpress
    Duplicate Post (already tried disabling)
    Easy WP SMTP (already tried disabling)
    Envato WordPress toolkit
    EventON
    Fast Secure Contact Form
    Foo Gallery
    FooBox Free Image lightbox
    Meta Box
    Multi Feed Reader
    Page Links To (tried disabling)
    Revolution Slider
    Rotating Tweets – Twitter widget & shortcode
    Shortcoder
    Sidebar Login
    Widget Logic
    WP All Import Pro
    WP User Avatar
    WPBakery Visual Composer

Could you try with a profiler plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/ ? If it gives you any indication of what plugin is so slow ?
    Don’t forget to uninstall it when you’re completely done (it takes unnecessary resources)

Pascal.

blandow
    Participant

@blandow

I can try late tonight when traffic is slow on the site.. but I just don’t see why it would prevent the page from refreshing… I will keep posting updates.

I saw some older posts about this no page coming back up after hitting submit and super slow load times… I just don’t really understand what they did.

Not sure what timezone you are in, so I wait for your info.
    Can you also tell me if you ever added something in your functions.php as extra function ? If so, can you paste it here ?
    Pascal.

blandow
    Participant

@blandow

Hi. I am in the U.S. on Central Time…

This is the only thing I have added… I ran WP Optimize yesterday to see if my database was the issue… but doesn’t seem to be.

/* —————————————————————————-
    * bbPress
    */
    // change avatar size to 40px
    function td_bbp_change_avatar_size($author_avatar, $topic_id, $size) {
    $author_avatar = ”;
    if ($size == 14) {
    $size = 40;
    }
    $topic_id = bbp_get_topic_id( $topic_id );
    if ( !empty( $topic_id ) ) {
    if ( !bbp_is_topic_anonymous( $topic_id ) ) {
    $author_avatar = get_avatar( bbp_get_topic_author_id( $topic_id ), $size );
    } else {
    $author_avatar = get_avatar( get_post_meta( $topic_id, ‘_bbp_anonymous_email’, true ), $size );
    }
    }
    return $author_avatar;
    }
    add_filter(‘bbp_get_topic_author_avatar’, ‘td_bbp_change_avatar_size’, 20, 3);
    add_filter(‘bbp_get_reply_author_avatar’, ‘td_bbp_change_avatar_size’, 20, 3);
    add_filter(‘bbp_get_current_user_avatar’, ‘td_bbp_change_avatar_size’, 20, 3);

If you could try to just deactivate it and see (just adding // in front of the 3 ‘add_filter’, just to be sure.

For the Optimizer, did it somewhere indicate plugins that were slow ?

Pascal.

blandow
    Participant

@blandow

Didn’t help, and the plugin tool didn’t show any problems. I also have removed all plug in from the site that were not needed…. Still hangs after hitting submit…. I saw someone posted 2 years ago this exact same issue but there was not a response.

blandow
    Participant

@blandow

So I made a fresh forum for testing and the posting was instant. So it looks like 1.8 Millions entries in our wp_posts table is just too big a strain. I want to try to mass delete a lot of the old stuff from years ago, but I don’t want to delete regular WP posts. So what in the SQL is unique to bbpress so I can run the correct query?

Hi,
    1.8 million should not be the issue, as others run without those issues.
    Could you import your old topics into your test too so you could play with it ? Did you ever try to switch to a default theme ?

If you are really convinced to delete in production, we can discuss further on that on how to clean.

Pascal.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar