Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Updating BBpress question

• wahtips
    Participant

@wahtips

I had someone build my website and he hasn’t been much help recently so I have been trying to learn things on my own. I have bbpress 2.5.3 and I’m not sure what all the website developer has done when it comes to customization. I want to update but before I do I just wanted to make sure I won’t lose anything on my forum. It’s fairly new but if I lose anything I don’t know if I would be able to fix it. I know very little about this type of stuff. So I just wanted to know if it is safe to update or if I should hold off.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

very high chance it will be fine, but risk that your developer will have changed some core files.

Since your trying to learn stuff, then I strongly recommend that you create a test site, which will let you try it there first, but also will teach you loads about wordpress and how it operates, and give you confidence to make other changes in a test area first

https://codex.bbpress.org/creating-a-test-site/

Don’t forget to always make backups, you can probably find out what schedule your web host offers for backups, automatic, manual, and you can always create your own backup of course.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar