Categories
Search
Bottom

Update my original comments page

• tmc5005
    Participant

@tmc5005

Hello,
    I have an existing comments page at the bottom of an existing page that I have been using for a couple of years. The url is http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets/
    The comments are not organized the way I would like them to be. I would like them organized more like this http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
    Also once I am able to create the new format what can I do to incorporate the existing comments which never had a topic – I would like to place them all into a general topic such as Tennis Racquets. Would I need to create a new forum tab or could I keep the comments where they are at the bottom of the tennis racquet page.
    Thank you very much for your help.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The first thing I’d suggest is installing bbPress if you want to continue this discussion here on bbpress.org.

tmc5005
    Participant

@tmc5005

I have been able to link in my past comments but now the box that lists the forums and topics does not fit properly and looks awful and the colors look bad. I went and the bbpress website for a description and how to change this and although I am college educated with a masters degree these explanations are incredibly complicated Is there an easier way to make these changes hopefully without css
    I temporary disabled bbpress because it looks so bad.
    Thank you for your help

All I can suggest is you look to find someone who can help you out with some custom CSS and the like, we try to make bbPress work ‘out of the box’ with the thousands of themes available and if you need it to look different you need to makes these changes yourself or find someone who can or pay someone.

We can give a few tips when we can see the forums but as we can’t even see them we can’t offer even anything basic for you sorry.

tmc5005
    Participant

@tmc5005

Hello,
    I am leaving the forum in for a while even though it looks bad so you can take a look. If you scroll down the page http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets/ you will see the forum area and how the information does not fit. Do you have any suggestions?
    Thank you!

A quick look the following tweaks your background colors to match (colors are not exact though) and they should be tweaked to match your themes color scheme etc.

#bbpress-forums div.odd, 
    #bbpress-forums ul.odd,
    #bbpress-forums div.even, 
    #bbpress-forums ul.even,
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-header {
    background-color: #113450;
    }

#bbpress-forums div.bbp-forum-header, 
    #bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-header, 
    #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-header {
    background-color: #112350;
    }

tmc5005
    Participant

@tmc5005

Thank you very much I was able to implement that important change. But another problem that is even more important is in the forum box where forum,topic, posts and freshness columns are not fitting properly in the margin.
    Do you know how I can go about fixing or improving this?
    Thank you!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar