Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Unrestricted HTML Warning

• jeffvand
    Participant

@jeffvand

I am getting a warning at the beginning of each new post “Your account has the ability to post unrestricted HTML content.”. I think this is from a plugin I have on my multisite that lets folks post html content. I don’t want to show that warning. I can hide it with CSS, but then it hides other notification boxes I need. Can you tell me how I might remove this?

Thanks so much!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

bbPress adds this notice in because you are an admin of the site I believe.

Lynq is right! That warning shouldn’t show up for any of the other users unless they are admins. So there is probably no need to mess with it since you are likely the only one seeing it 😉

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Correct. You see that warning, because you WordPress allows you to post anything you want to. Even potentially malicious JavaScript or the like. It’s a feature, and bbPress is politely reminding you of it.

senco
    Participant

@senco

On my website, user are not admin but they see HTML content warning. How can I fix it?

Hi senco,
    Please do not revive old tickets but next time open your own one explaining what issue you have.
    Only keymasters should see this message. If you have any plugin that changes capabilities, please review your settings.
    If you only want to hide the box then you can play with a CSS code like this:

.bbp-template-notice {
    	display: none;
    }
    .bbp-template-notice.info,
    .bbp-template-notice.error,
    .bbp-template-notice.important,
    .bbp-template-notice.warning {
    	display: block;
    }

Or check out a plugin like ‘bbP Toolkit’ that does this too. Just note that both options also remove some other informational messages !
    Pascal.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar