Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Unread posts/topics plugin or workaround for bbpress 2.0?

• Hi guys. I know there’s an unread posts plugin for older versions of BBPress – and even BuddyPress – but not the latest version (BBPress 2.0).

I moved from SMF and since then i’ve learned users are not bothering with our forums as this feature was used so frequently in their navigation habits.

Is there any way of adding this functionality?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Currently there is no such plugin, anyone is free to build one though.

Does the included forum system in BuddyPress vary greatly from the BBPress 2.0 plugin? There seems to be one for BP’s built in forums.

If there wasn’t too much difference i’d imagine it wouldn’t be hard to port it over.

I would love this plugin also.

OAEErra, it is my understanding that you can’t install any plugins on BP’s built in forum system. So you’d lose many other abilities if you choose to port it over there.

I see – I meant port the plugin from BP to BBP if it was possible.

Hopefully some kind soul can get a plugin released soon!

tuomasparviainen.com
    Participant

@tuomasparviainencom

Users form my forums are requesting this too.

wout_m
    Participant

@wout_m

I am also looking for this, because my users are complaining this is missing, since I converted my forum from the BBPress standalone version to the BBP2.0 WordPress plugin. Has any anybody an idea how to fix it?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Currently there is no plugin that handles this (at the moment) for bbPress 2.x.

Anyone can write a plugin and contribute it to the WordPress.org plugin repo.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar