Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

unread plugin

• markusmit
    Participant

@markusmit

Hello, we have been using the bbpress forum for some time.

since he didn’t show new posts, we installed bbpress unread pencil.
    Unfortunately, the “unread button” doesn’t work and I would have to click through all 18,000 posts.

then we installed bbp style pack. the functions are great. only if i leave this plugin active my forum works very very slowly. only when I disable it does it run smoothly. is there another plugin that doesn’t show my old posts as unread?
    Thank you,
    regards Markus

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so with style pack, does it run slowly with ‘unread’ not activated?

not sure if you are saying that style lack is affecting it generally or just the unread part

markusmit
    Participant

@markusmit

Hello, unfortunately the page is only very slow when the “Unread” function is activated. as soon as I deactivate it, the page runs very smoothly again.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, if you mark all topics as read, does it then speed up? Just thinking that first time accessing it has all the topics so far to mark as unread for you

markusmit
    Participant

@markusmit

Everything is currently marked as read. forward in each forum it goes quickly. As soon as I want to go back or select the main forum in the tab, it takes a long time before it jumps back.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I just rescued an old ‘unread posts’ plugin and incorporated that part into my style pack, so sorry I can’t really say why it is slow for you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar