Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Unknown Subscribers to Forum

• jelliott2014
    Participant

@jelliott2014

I have lately been notified several times that obviously fake emails have evidently “subscribed” to my Forum. I thought that only approved users could see or subscribe to the forum, or at least I could approve anyone who subscribes. Is there a setting that prevents spammers from subscribing? Thanks.

saanichsommeliers.ca
    bbPress: ver. 2.6.9
    bbp Style Pack ver. 5.8.7

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I have lately been notified several times that obviously fake emails have evidently “subscribed” to my Forum.

sorry, could you say how that works -who or what notified you?

Robin W

@robin-w

you might want to make your forums ‘private’ several are public, I found some by using

https://www.saanichsommeliers.ca/forums/

jelliott2014
    Participant

@jelliott2014

Thanks, Robin

My site was designed such that approved users must sign in to have see the user-only main menu which has the “Forum” link, but Google search thinks otherwise. I’ve been working with Yoast to resolve this, with obviously limited results.

So how do I make the Forum private? Will this allow only approved users to access it?

jelliott2014
    Participant

@jelliott2014

To answer your first question, my site notifies me via email whenever someone signs up for the forum.

Robin W

@robin-w

Dashboard- forums and edit the forum on right hand side it will show visibility amend as required

jelliott2014
    Participant

@jelliott2014

This may do the trick. Thanks. Fingers crossed…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar