Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Unistalled buddypress and bbpress. Trying to reinstall bbpress problems

• Sorry if this is confusing. I installed buddypress through the wordpress plugins page. I then installed bbpress through buddypress. I have since uninstalled buddypress and bbpress and i am trying to now install bbpress on my server. Once loading all the files to my directory mysite.com/forums/ i then go to load the directory. The installing instructions do not come up i come to a bbpress page which shows “page not found”.

I am guessing the old install of bbpress is interfering? maybe in the database?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Do you have a /forums physical directory on your server? If so, try renaming it.

Are you trying to install bbPress standalone (1.0.3) or bbPress Plugin (2.0 beta 2)?

I tried changing the physical to something crazy. same problem.

Trying standalone bbpress 1.0.3

thanks for your help

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Remove the bb-config.php file at the root of your site. Chances are it’s getting in the way. Also there’s a meta entry you’ll most likely want to delete. If there’s anything in your wp_options table prefixed with “bb-” go ahead and delete those. Lastly, your bbPress install needs to exist in a folder that the server can access and that WordPress isn’t trying to control. This is typically a “forums” folder somewhere in your public_html folder, depending on your host.

John removing the bb config file fixed it straight away.

you sir are a genius or i am moron ;)

If you ever come to Australia ill buy you a beer.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar