Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Undefined Index Notices

• Howdy_McGee
    Participant

@howdy_mcgee

I’m receiving a couple undefined index notices whenever viewing the settings page:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: args in /wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/admin.php on line 370
    PHP Notice:  Undefined index: sanitize_callback in /wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/admin/admin.php on line 374

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I suspect it is a conflict.

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

lesbelleshistoires
    Participant

@lesbelleshistoires

Hi,
    I have a notice of undefined index too after being imported some demo-data and deleted most of them. I tried to switch to 2017 theme and reactive the theme but it does not work.
    Here the notice :
    Notice: Undefined index: reply_count in /var/www/html/xxxx/wp-content/themes/cera/bbpress/content-statistics.php on line 70
    Thanks for your help

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, that’s an error from your theme, so we’d need to see that file. Do you know how to look at theme files using ftp ?

lesbelleshistoires
    Participant

@lesbelleshistoires

I access through ssh + vi. Tell which one would you like to see. Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, what I need is for you to copy this file to your pc

/var/www/html/xxxx/wp-content/themes/cera/bbpress/content-statistics.php

then open it, and post the contents in this thread please

lesbelleshistoires
    Participant

@lesbelleshistoires

Here it is :

<?php
    /**
     * Statistics Content Part
     * @package bbPress
     * @subpackage Theme
     */

// @codingStandardsIgnoreFile
    // Allow plugin text domain in theme.

// Get the statistics.
    $stats = bbp_get_statistics(); ?>

<?php do_action( 'bbp_before_statistics' ); ?>

<div class="widget_display_stats">

<div class="row stats_list">

<div class="col-12 stats_list_item mb-2">
                                    <div class="bg-black-faded rounded-card p-2 h-100">
                                            <div class="row align-items-center">
                                                    <div class="col-auto text-center d-flex pr-0 align-items-center justify-content-center">
                                                            <i class="cera-icon cera-users text-primary fa-2x p-3 card"></i>
                                                    </div>
                                                    <div class="col">
                                                            <h3 class="mb-0"><?php echo esc_html( $stats['user_count'] ); ?></h3>
                                                            <h5 class="text-muted text-uppercase small font-weight-bold mb-0"><?php esc_html_e( 'Registered Users', 'bbpress' ); ?></h5>
                                                    </div>
                                            </div>
                                    </div>
                            </div>

<div class="col-auto text-center d-flex pr-0 align-items-center justify-content-center">
                                                            <i class="cera-icon cera-message-square text-primary fa-2x p-3 card"></i>
                                                    </div>
                                                    <div class="col">
                                                            <h3 class="mb-0"><?php echo esc_html( $stats['forum_count'] ); ?></h3>
                                                            <h5 class="text-muted text-uppercase small font-weight-bold mb-0"><?php esc_html_e( 'Forums', 'bbpress' ); ?></h5>
                                                    </div>
                                            </div>
                                    </div>
                            </div>

<i class="cera-icon cera-alert-circle text-primary fa-2x p-3 card"></i>
                                                    </div>
                                                    <div class="col">
                                                            <h3 class="mb-0"><?php echo esc_html( $stats['topic_count'] ); ?></h3>
                                                            <h5 class="text-muted text-uppercase small font-weight-bold mb-0"><?php esc_html_e( 'Topics', 'bbpress' ); ?></h5>
                                                    </div>
                                            </div>
                                    </div>
                            </div>

<i class="cera-icon cera-radio text-primary fa-2x p-3 card"></i>
                                                    </div>
                                                    <div class="col">
                                                            <h3 class="mb-0"><?php echo esc_html( $stats['reply_count'] ); ?></h3>
                                                            <h5 class="text-muted text-uppercase small font-weight-bold mb-0"><?php esc_html_e( 'Replies', 'bbpress' ); ?></h5>
                                                    </div>
                                            </div>
                                    </div>
                            </div>

</div>

</div><!-- .widget_display_stats -->

<?php do_action( 'bbp_after_statistics' ); ?>

<?php unset( $stats );

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, looks like something is a bit corrupt – how did you delete the demo data?

lesbelleshistoires
    Participant

@lesbelleshistoires

I switched a lot of time the structure of the permalinks (because I had problems with groups and forums) and then I deleted some articles, forums, subjects etc. through the WP UI (no script in database) before recreating some others (per the WP UI).
    Screenshot : https://ibb.co/q7CXmXm

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, can you try

dashboard>tools>forums>repair forums and try recalculating replies

lesbelleshistoires
    Participant

@lesbelleshistoires

I did not know these features ! But sadly I executed all in Repair forums and Update forums but it did not fix it.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm..something is amiss, let me think about what you might try next !

lesbelleshistoires
    Participant

@lesbelleshistoires

OK. Just to know : could it be that the reply_count is null (because there is for instance no response to a subject) and that this case is mishandled ?

webcreations907
    Participant

@webcreations907

Have you tried adding a reply to a topic?

lesbelleshistoires
    Participant

@lesbelleshistoires

Yes, I had tried it (answer to a subject as admin and connected as simple user too) ; it does not fix the pb :-/ (and I notice then that my previous post was non sense)

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, this could take some debugging !

firstly in dashboard>replies how many replies do you have?

can you copy the

All (1,090) | Mine (129) | Published (1,089) | Pending (1) | Bin (1) | Spam (2)

answer into this thread

lesbelleshistoires
    Participant

@lesbelleshistoires

YEAH !
    I had added some new subjects and no reply ! So The number of reply was still to 0. By asking me to put the number of reply that appears in the dashboeard, I notice that it was to 0….
    And after being published a real reply on a subject, it is ok : no notice anymore !
    A big thank to you both for your help.
    Take care !

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you ae fixed !

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar