Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Unable to reply to group topics

• Recipraycity
    Participant

@recipraycity

Hello, and thank you in advance for your assistance. I’m sure I’ve probably messed up a setting somewhere along the line, so I appreciate your patience.

I’m running WP 3.4.1
    bbPress 2.2-bleeding
    buddypress 1.6.1

My issue is I can create a group and make a post in the forum, but the post can’t be viewed and can’t be replied to.

So if I click Groups
    Create a group
    Enter in group name and group description

Click “Create group and continue”
    “This is a public group” and “all group members” (allowed to invite) are checked
    Click “next step”

Make sure box is checked on “Yes. I want this group to have a forum.”
    Click “next step”

Skip avatar
    Click “finish”

When I click on the forums tab within the group, it allows me to create a new topic and enter a topic description.

Topic shows up on the forum tab
    It allows me to click the topic title to view it.

But, when I click the topic from the forum page it only lets me view the topic title and the description is missing. Also, and equally frustrating, there are no options to reply to the topic.

To summarize, I can create a group and make a post in the forum, but the post can’t be viewed and can’t be replied to.

Thank you again for your help

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Recipraycity
    Participant

@recipraycity

Anyone able to offer any assistance please? I would sincerely appreciate it, this has me stuck.

Recipraycity
    Participant

@recipraycity

… This is still unresolved. Any help at all?

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Redownload the trunk vs. JJ was working on the permission system this week and it now works perfectly for me as I am running an svn trunk update from today.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I should mention that a lot of features are ‘in flux’ in 2.2. The roles I believe are pretty much now finished, but there is a lot of other work going on with it. Expect a few things to not work as expected and then to have things that were working to stop working. The new vs. is such a huge change in many areas that the guys are really fleshing a lot of stuff out still. I’ve learned the hard way not to use bbPress trunk on live sites, but I can say that fixes have been coming quickly once I create trac tickets for them.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar