Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

unable to log in in iframes

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Please provide a URL where this can be experienced. I have not heard about this problem before.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Can you change the iframe source to a page name rather than relying on the index page of the directory called “forums”? So, instead of this:

<iframe src="forum"

Try this:

<iframe src="forum/index.php"

I have no idea if that will work. It’s an interesting way to get an integrated look. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

good idea, but it didn’t work … :/

how else do you integrate a forum in a site?? very curiouse

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Oh boy – just search these forums for integration.

https://bbpress.org/forums/tags/integration (threads tagged integration)

This was a good summary I thought:

http://www.adityanaik.com/integratepress-part-i/

Normally, people adjust the template of their forum to match their website. I haven’t seen one in an iframe yet, and don’t know enough about form submission (login form) and redirection and htaccess rewrite rules to know if it would work like that.

> how else do you integrate a forum in a site??

Preferably not with iframes. iframes are really nasty, because you can never access the url of anything you navigate to and instead of the full browsing window you have just that frame.

It really depends on the kind of integration you want. If you want visual integration, just make it look the same or use some of the methods other dudes have used here (see Chris’ links).

hmmm but Iframes is so handy :) I also use it for my photo albums… Thanks btw!

this whas kinda my persuasion to choose for bbpress, so I could login from Iframes.. I knew nothing about forums (only phpBB: but this wasn’t easy to work with in iframes)… what a shame :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar