Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Unable to edit/change user profiles as admin

• walkerevans

@walkerevans

I’ve been installing a copy of bbpress for a new site launch for a few weeks now. Mostly it’s been going pretty smooth, but tonight I realized I’m not able to change any of my member profile settings as an admin.

My install is tied into WordPress, and I can change user settings from the admin panel there, but from bbpress I cannot edit any settings for any users but myself. It almost looks as if some required field isn’t being entered when I attempt to change anything. I get no error messages.

I’ve been wracking my brain for an hour on this and am totally stumped. I disabled all of my plugins but the problem persisted.

I need to be able to edit users! Halp!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• displayname

@displayname

did you check to see if your wordpress is integrated properly? (the secure auth keys, logged in keys, etc… in bb_config should match the ones in wp_config)

walkerevans

@walkerevans

I actually had a developer friend who set that stuff up. I’ll have him doublecheck. Thanks.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What versions of bbPress and WordPress are installed?

walkerevans

@walkerevans

WordPress 2.5.1

bbpress 0.9.0.3

walkerevans

@walkerevans

Hrm. I think we have it narrowed down to the fact that the email field is not showing up on the edit profile screen when trying to edit another user’s profile. Since it’s a required field it won’t allow edits to any other fields.

I’m not sure why it’s not there though. Digging… digging…..

walkerevans

@walkerevans

Commented out the following code in template-functions.php got it to work again… testing to see if this is going to cause any security problems.

//if ( ‘user_email’ == $key && $bb_current_id != $user->ID )

// continue;

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar