Categories
Search
Bottom

Unable to Assign Forum to Topic

• pedravil
    Participant

@pedravil

Hi there,

I’m having trouble when defining topis on my instalation.
    I can create Forum entries, but when I’m creating Topics the forum combobox is always empty. I’m creating Forums not Categories, so the combobox should show the forum list.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Kind regards.
    Pedro Avila

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

pedravil
    Participant

@pedravil

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I found the issue. I’m using WPML. When I create a Forum for English and than if I create a Topic, also for English, the attribute “Forum” combobox has items. On the other side, if I create a Forum for Portuguese and than a Topic also for Portuguese, the attribute “Forum” combobox is empty.

It seems BBPress is only working for English, not for any other language.

How do solve this issue?

Kind regards.
    Pedro Avila

Robin W

@robin-w

Try this link and come back if that doesn’t solve it for you

https://codex.bbpress.org/bbpress-in-your-language/

pedravil
    Participant

@pedravil

Hi,

I’ve followed your the link, configured as mentioned but still the same.

My problem is not about having the BBPress interface in Portuguese. My problem is about not being able to set a Topic’s Forum attribute when I set the Topic’s language as Portuguese.

Let me try to be more specific, with step by step instrutions so you can replicate my issue:

a) Create 2 Forum, one in English and the other in Portuguese;

b) Press the “New Topic” link;

c) Set the new topic, by filling out the topic’s title and body text;

d) On the right part of the topic screen/form, on the “Language” section choose “Portugues”. Please notice that, on the Topic’s attributes section, no forum is listed;

e) On the right part of the topic screen/form, on the “Language” section choose “English”. Please notice that, on the Topic’s attributes section, a forum is listed;

To summarize, everytime I try to set the topic’s language other than English, in my case Portuguese, the topic’s forum attribute list is empty, and if I switch back the topic’s language to English the topic’s forum attribute list gets populated.

I’m using WPML plugin to manage multilanguage.

Can anyone help me please?

Kind regards.
    Pedro Avila

You need to also use the bbPress WPML plugin, you need to ask WPML for a copy of the plugin as it it is not publicly available.

See http://wpml.org/forums/topic/bbpress-multilingual-plugin-2/

pedravil
    Participant

@pedravil

Hi Stephen Edgar,

Thank you for your answer.
    I’ve followed your suggestion, but the only reply I get from WPML support team is the following:

Hello Pedro,

Thank you for get in touch with us with your query!!

Unfortunately BBPress is not compatible with WPML. Our team is working on it, but we do not have a timeline of when it should be ready for download.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records and once the plugin is compatible with WPML we will notify you.

Thanks,
    Minesh
    OnTheGoSystems – Support Department

It is a shame that the supporting team of a paid plugin gives such a poor service.
    I started a new topic so I can have an answer of any other forum member, besides support team, I hope.

Do you know where to get the BBPress WPML plugin? Or, of your experience which WPML compatible forum plugin do you recommend?

Kind regards.
    Pedro Avila

Pedro,

Sorry, I havn’t used WPML, I just see this issue constantly come up for those who use WPML.

The following is on GitHub but I have no idea if it works, is up to date or works with the latest WPML.

https://github.com/potsky/bbPress-Multilingual

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar