Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Unable to access “Admin” area

• Vizworld

@vizworld

I’ve just setup BBPress and integrated it with my WordPRess blog (www.vizworld.com and vizworld.com/forum ). The integration worked perfectly.

However, I find myself today unable to access the Admin area. I could get in yesterday by doing the recommended logout/purge cookies/login , but Today every time I click “Admin” it just bounced back to the main forum page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

First see if it’s just your browser remembering the old redirect by adding something like ?123 on your /bb-admin/ url

ie. http://example.com/forums/bb-admin/?123

also try deleting the cookies again for your site

Vizworld

@vizworld

No luck, still redirects with the ?123412341234 added… Deleting cookies hasn’t helped either.. Tried it about 6 times now :-(

Vizworld

@vizworld

If it helps, I’m using the 1.0.6 Alpha, downloaded yesterday.

Vizworld

@vizworld

It looks like something calls wp_auth_object’s set_current_user, before it verifies the cookie.. So when it gets into the WP_Auth’s “validate_auth_cookie”, the necessary cookies have been erased.

Vizworld

@vizworld

The problem is coming from line 86 of the wp_auth class, where “set_current_user” calls the “do_action(‘set_Current_user’)”, which destroys the cookie necessary for the Admin AUthentication.

It’s called from bb_settings.php line1036…. So, how do we fix it?

Vizworld

@vizworld

Well I gave up.. I reverted to 0.9 & the “Freshly BAked Cookies” plugin, and managed to restore everything (with about 45 minutes work).

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Sorry about that but that’s yet another example why I keep telling people not to use the alpha on live sites.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar