Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Two Websites, One Board?

• I’m hoping this is possible, but am doubtful. Hopefully someone can help if it is possible.

I run a small community website. I have a friend that runs a similar but not exactly the same small community website. We were looking to become “sister” websites. What we want to do is have the message boards from both sites be a single board. This part isn’t what I’m worried about. I know it’s as simple as directing a link.

What we are wanting however is to have her WP theme show up as the bbP theme when entered from her domain.. And when entered from my domain, my WP theme to show up as the bbP theme. Does anyone feel this is 1) possible 2) relatively “easy” to accomplish? When I say relatively easy, I mean that I know it will be difficult, but I don’t want to re-write ALL of the bbPress code.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think you could do this with a theme switching plugin:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/bbpress-theme-switcher/

That particular plugin worked only through 0.9 though.

I think the idea would be to link to the forum using a direct link, specifying the template, or maybe set a cookie depending on where the visitor came from, then choosing the template based on that cookie.

I don’t think you need to modify bbPress at all – you just need to identify where the user comes from (cookie?) and set their template appropriately.

You need to check the URL requrested and basing on that use the theme

But i suppose you have WP and bbPress installed

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar