Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Two Indexes on One Website

• Willyth
    Participant

@willyth

Maybe I’m missing something, but I want to create two separate indexes (two separate sets of forums) on the same website. Right now, I have one set running using the short code [bbp-forum-index]. I assume if I use the same shortcode on a different page, I’ll get the same list of forums, when what I really want is a separate set of forums. This should be easy so I’m probably missing something… Help please! Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

from memory, if you make two categories, and place each of the forums into one of these two as sub forums, so you end up with two categories as ‘indexes’ and their relative forums under them

then use

[bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id] with the category being the forum_id

you will get two forum lists.

Come back if that doesn’t work

flamuren
    Participant

@flamuren

Did this work out as you planned Willyth?

I am looking to do the same and wondering. I have 290 forums in one category which I would like to have as one forum index on one page and then the rest = two categories and about 15 forums on a main forum index.

Is this split possible? To summarize in other words: as of now I have 3 categories which would be split into 1 forum index with 1 category and another forum index with 2 categories.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar