Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Trying to complete install: WP integration incomplete, can't asscess BB dash

• campbellduke

@campbellduke

Where to start? First – thanks for making this plugin available on a non-commercial basis. I’ve seen it on other sites, and it’s great!

Second – I’m pretty good at tinkering, but not formally trained in this new-fangled stuff. I learned on 8K PETs – I know just enough to be dangerous.

Third – I’m trying to add BBPress to my existing WP blogsite (campbellduke.com). I successfully added a new SQL database and user, and uploaded the files to a subdirectory (campbellduke.com/bbpress). I went through the install procedure, electing to forego the WP integration part so I could deal with it later.

BBPress is installed AOK at campbellduke.com/bbpress.

Current problem: How do I access the BBPress control panel/dashboard? There is no trace of BBPress in my WP dashboard, and I’m not sure how to access BBPress dashboard from the campbellduke.com/bbpress area.

HELP!

Beth

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• campbellduke

@campbellduke

I solved that – /bb-admin!

NOW after going through the integration process between BB and WP, I can’t log in to the /bb-admin dashboard anymore – nor can I log in from the front end.

I’m no longer recognized as the administrator in BB in any way.

HELP!

campbellduke

@campbellduke

I solved that – /bb-admin!

NOW after going through the integration process between BB and WP, I can’t log in to the /bb-admin dashboard anymore – nor can I log in from the front end.

I’m no longer recognized as the administrator in BB in any way.

HELP!

make sure you have the integration plugin on WordPress side.

now if you can see admin link after logging in, its just a cookie issue else you have lost privileges http://blog.ashfame.com/2009/09/fix-lost-admin-access-bbpress/

make sure you have the integration plugin on WordPress side.

now if you can see admin link after logging in, its just a cookie issue else you have lost privileges http://blog.ashfame.com/2009/09/fix-lost-admin-access-bbpress/

campbellduke

@campbellduke

Thanks. I might go back to this after a few days. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to get this to work, and I pulled the plug and went with Mingle/Mingle Forum. I need to take a break from the whole bbpress/emember/WP combo before I try it again.

The real trouble only started after I installed the integration plugin in WordPress.

Thanks for your quick response time.

Take Care,

Beth

campbellduke

@campbellduke

Thanks. I might go back to this after a few days. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to get this to work, and I pulled the plug and went with Mingle/Mingle Forum. I need to take a break from the whole bbpress/emember/WP combo before I try it again.

The real trouble only started after I installed the integration plugin in WordPress.

Thanks for your quick response time.

Take Care,

Beth

i also have trouble integrating wordpress with bbpress. I wonder hough if there’s a really comprehensive guide out there on how do it. I mean a lay man’s guide for non programmers like me.

i also have trouble integrating wordpress with bbpress. I wonder hough if there’s a really comprehensive guide out there on how do it. I mean a lay man’s guide for non programmers like me.

campbellduke

@campbellduke

Hi Mobimean – I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. The best plugin in the world is of little use if people can’t get it to function. We’re in a position today where there are more people like us – not quite lay-people, but not programmers.

I’d hazard to guess that documentation is the next phase for bbpress. I hope so, because it does a lot of things I’d like to have on my site.

b.

campbellduke

@campbellduke

Hi Mobimean – I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. The best plugin in the world is of little use if people can’t get it to function. We’re in a position today where there are more people like us – not quite lay-people, but not programmers.

I’d hazard to guess that documentation is the next phase for bbpress. I hope so, because it does a lot of things I’d like to have on my site.

b.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar