Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

trunk

• MaTaX91

@matax91

trunk …… how

I’ve searched and searched, can someone please just tell me how to USE trunk, I’ve downloaded it, I’ve added it to my existing bbpress plugin, I’ve tried running it as stand alone, I don’t understand, please someone just tell me how

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Trunk is simply the latest development version of bbPress. So if jjj committed a patch last night, it’s not going to show up in the latest *stable* version – it will be in trunk.

You can download trunk via a zip file or through SVN – SVN is better because then you can easily sync it down the road.

Make sure you are grabbing the plugin trunk and not 1.x trunk.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/browser/branches/plugin

MaTaX91

@matax91

okay this is what I have downloaded using the svn link then, but I still don’t see the sub-forum-count class you were talking about, so why?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

I don’t have an answer for you. Are you using bbp-compat or TwentyTen bbPress theme (though that shouldn’t matter).

The fact is I’m running trunk and I see the classes in various places.

MaTaX91

@matax91

well I was running themecompat but when I switched to twenty ten everything looked all messed up and there were still no sub-forum type classes on the forums that had them in there, gosh I’m confused

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Look around in the markup. Perhaps you are expecting the sub-forum classes to be somewhere they aren’t.

MaTaX91

@matax91

well this is what I’m expecting

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/45-GRO-North-America

they have the catagories, and then in those catagories they have forums, and some of those forums have sub-forums inside of them. Those forums that do have forums are indicated by that little image right before them. Essentially that’s what I thought I was going to see.

Here is my site…

stealthpotatoes.com/boards

the forum titled ‘FireFall’ has a sub-forum inside of it called ‘beta discussions’ so I’m looking for the forum titled ‘firefall’ to have a class on it something like ‘bbp-has-subforums’ so that I can target it with css and add that little image in front of the link, and therefore to all the other forums that also have sub-forums in them.

Maybe you are right, maybe I am missing something somewhere?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

I don’t see the issue. The CSS is there.

ul.bbp-has-subforums ul.bbp-forums-list

You’re not going to be able to do what is on the ubi form without a custom theme, because of how it’s setup.

MaTaX91

@matax91

Hmmm so I’ll have tonfigure that out then? If I do end up figuring it out can I submit it to y’all?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Yeah, any new themes or plugins, definitely share with the bbPress community :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar