Categories
Search
Bottom

Total Beginner!! Sorry!!

• Multimum
    Participant

@multimum

Hi

Sorry for posting this here, I have been searching around for an answer but cannot find it. I am fairly new to word press and have not used bbpress before.

I am trying to build a website that will have a forum on for people to sign up to, comment, receive notifications, follow certain threads, that type of thing. A fairly normal forum, so I have installed bbpress on my new wordpress website, it is very basic at present but can be seen here if needed, http://www.multimums.com the problem I have at the moment is that if I go to the website as a normal user, ie not logged into wordpress, then I can see a box for login with user name and password but nothing for registering as a new user. I have the option selected in general settings for anyone to register, but there is no option on the site. Do I need to install a plugin for this to work?

Normally in a forum when you look at a thread there is a line saying something like ‘you are not logged in, to post please login or register.’ How and where do i get this statement to appear, and how do i get people to to be able to register, to be able to post.

Will they then receive an email with their login details and a link to confirm their email address?

Where will these email addresses be stored for my reference, do i need to create a database to store users details in?

I can’t seem to find a guide to setting up the forum other than creating topics and threads, which I have been able to do successfully.

Once users are registered I assume that they will then be able to create new threads?

Thanks very much in advance for your help, sorry if I am asking questions which seem to basic.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar