Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics/Replies no longer show up

• tonydes
    Participant

@tonydes

Hi guys,

My bbpress forum was working fine until I had to restore my website and I just realized that none of the topics/replies are visible. When you open the forum it does say there are topics in there and mention the user, but when you click on the specific forum it tells me no topics were found.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• tonydes
    Participant

@tonydes

I also updated to WordPress 4.0. I’m not too sure if this has anything to do with it. I also disabled all plugins, but nothing changed it.

Robin W

@robin-w

Try

Dashboard>tools>forums>repair and run one at a time

tonydes
    Participant

@tonydes

@robin-w Thanks for the reply! I just tried that out, but unfortunately it didn’t work ๐Ÿ™

Robin W

@robin-w

what is your setting in

dashboard>settings>permalinks

tonydes
    Participant

@tonydes

‘Post name’ is selected

BusterMick
    Participant

@bustermick

I too are having the same problem.

I have deactivated all plugins with same result.
    I have also changed the permalinks and saved and then changed back to post name and saved.
    I have also used the repair tools and also clicked on one at a time.

Nothing has changed.

Something is going on here and it seems more and more people are experiencing this problem.

Can anyone help here?

Robin W

@robin-w

@tonydes – can you try changing them to something else and click save, and then immediately change them back again, and see if this makes a difference. This seems to help some

tonydes
    Participant

@tonydes

@robin-w I just tried that, but it didn’t seem to help ๐Ÿ™

BusterMick
    Participant

@bustermick

I have changed templates and it seems that it will work with twenty eleven however when changed back it does not work again.

So this means it has been narrowed down to the theme template Directorypress Responsive Theme.

Anyone with ideas out there?

BusterMick
    Participant

@bustermick

My problem is now solved with the theme being updated.

tonydes
    Participant

@tonydes

I can’t even update my theme due to restrictions in the new template so I’m stuck!

Robin W

@robin-w

I canโ€™t even update my theme due to restrictions in the new template so Iโ€™m stuck!

Can you explain further why you can’t update your theme

tonydes
    Participant

@tonydes

@robin-w It’s because the new updated version of my theme contains hard coded fields in the submission page that are irrelevant to the purpose of my website. Hence I have to stick with the older version until a newer update is released which makes those fields optional.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar