Bottom

Topics with +1000 replies do not add page numbers to reply permalinks

• Amin
    Participant

@aminima

Hi there,

WP: 4.8.2
    BBP: 2.5.14

After digging into lots of pages, I finally found an old topic here that describes the same problem I have. As it’s an ancient topic, I started a new one.

For topics with more than 1000 replies, when posting new replies, bbpress does not add the page number to the reply permalink. I did as the user Matrixd said here(of course for new versions of bbpress with different paths):

Hello again, finally after John’s helpful tip, I was able to fix the issue. I found where BBpress does the number formatting and disabled it. In wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-common-functions.php I changed this line:

function bbp_number_format( $number = 0, $decimals = false, $dec_point = '.', $thousands_sep = ',' ) {

to:

function bbp_number_format( $number = 0, $decimals = false, $dec_point = '.', $thousands_sep = '' ) {

This removes the comma from the thousands separator. Now all topics pages appear correctly. Thanks!

And the problem solved!
    But this is a core hack, I want it as an additional function without touching core files.

Viewing 2 replies - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)

• Editor Mike
    Participant

@editor-mike

So after some investigation, I have found the actual topic where it stopped working.

They all add the page number up to here:

Crom's Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

But if you go to that reply and scroll down the page to the next reply and click the post number you get this:

Crom's Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

suddenly at the reply the page number is dropped from the URL?

Editor Mike
    Participant

@editor-mike

oh except when I paste the links here it drops the page numbers?

Viewing 2 replies - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar