Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics sub-lists in Forum list

• sailorneil
    Participant

@sailorneil

I’m new to bbPress. I installed version 2.6.5 two days ago and have now created a basic forum, following the instructions in Part 1 of the Step-by-Step guide, to which I have added two topics. I read that the default view on the main Forum page should include an indented sub-list of topics but mine doesn’t. How do I make the sub-list of topics appear?
    Wordpress 5.5.1 and the TwentySeventeen theme. http://www.sunbeamclass.org.uk

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

no, the main forum page would not list the topics for a forum. If you only have one forum, then you can use shortcodes to display just that forum, and your forum will then be a list of topics.

sailorneil
    Participant

@sailorneil

Thank you – good to know that I haven’t done something wrong. Having been encouraged to dig deeper I now believe that the sub-lists I noticed somewhere must have been child forums of a parent forum.
    I’ve created a test child forum and it does appear beneath the parent forum on the main page.

sailorneil
    Participant

@sailorneil

I remembered where I saw indented sub-lists – it was section 4 of part 2 of the step by step guide. It says there that indented sub-lists are the default but when I created the test child forum mentioned above it appeared left-justified not indented. I think indented looks better. Why shouldn’t the default be working for me?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar