Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

“topics started” & “replies created” not working

• flamuren
    Participant

@flamuren

In my forum profile page the mentioned features does not work. When clicked there is just an answer “couldnt find what you are looking for” and a different page.

However the same type of profile features; “engagemanets”, “favourites” and “subscriptions” work just fine. They show correct info and within the profile page.

What can be wrong? Has never worked even before updates to the addons and WP.

WP: 5.6.1
    BBpress: 2.6.6
    http://www.glademokraterna.se

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

flamuren
    Participant

@flamuren

Many thanks Robin 🙂 A stupid question before proceeding. Will my changes, payed css etc be saved in my theme if I am testing to switch to twentytwenty and back?

Robin W

@robin-w

most themes are fine, but I cannot guarantee it

flamuren
    Participant

@flamuren

I tried the health check plugin and no health issues atleast 🙂

Well I might try this. I just started paying a guy to do custom css and I would cry a river if that disappeared.

ahillmortons
    Participant

@ahillmortons

Hi @flamuren

Did you find the cause of this? I have the same issue.

When going to Profile>Forums>Replies Created – pressing on anything other than page 1 gives a 404.

The URL format of: /members/(member)/forums/replies/

Changes to: /members/(member)/page/2/

So the /forums/replies/ appears to be missing

Trying to correct this by changing the URL to: /members/(member)/forums/replies/page/2/

That simply shows the content from the first link, so only the latest few replies show.

I can’t seem to find a fix in the settings or overcome it with plugin testing.

Any advice pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Andy

ahillmortons
    Participant

@ahillmortons

OK, so it appears there’s a thread about the issue here: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3355#comment:4

I can’t get the fix to work but I’ll pick up on what to do next on there.

Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, there are thousands of themes and tens of thousands of plugins, your problem might not be the same as any of these. A bit like assuming that as your car is stopped at the side of the road, it has the same issue as the one you saw at the side of the road 5 miles back.

Can you start with which theme you are using?

ahillmortons
    Participant

@ahillmortons

Hi @robin-w,

I’m using an FSE theme with compatibility turned on in bbp style pack, It’s called Lawson by ThemeZee.

I’m using:
    WordPress 6.4.2
    bbPress 2.6.9
    BuddyPress 12.1.1
    BuddyPress Multi Network 1.0.3
    bbp style pack 5.8.0
    Profile Builder 3.10.7
    Profile Builder Elite 3.9.9

I’ve replied here with the steps I’ve taken: https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3355#comment:23

Many Thanks,

Andy

Robin W

@robin-w

can you try adding

BP Classic

which has a compatibility link between buddypress 12 and bbpress.

Then come back and report

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar