Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics Redirecting to Random Blog Posts

• ibergstrom
    Participant

@ibergstrom

Hello,

On my staging site, k9fitness1dev.wpengine.com/ for my client, I installed BBPress. The forum page works fine, but when I try to open a topic page, it shows the content from blog posts that were published a super long time ago. I tried unpublishing the blog posts, but it still shows these contents.

I am using WP version 5.8, bbPress 2.6.9, the enfold theme which is to date, and I believe that this glitch has something to do with the Avia advanced page builder, because the content that is generating shows a bunch of short codes that look like avia shortcodes.

I tried to repair the forums, under the forum settings, but this did not cause any changes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, you suspect the theme, but need to prove that, so standard fault finding applies ie

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

ibergstrom
    Participant

@ibergstrom

Hello Robin,

So I tried this, and switching the theme resolved the issue (of course, at the price of the rest of the site). Is this plugin not compatible with Enfold? I tried updating the theme, and that did not resolve the issue either. I will try this plugin next.

ibergstrom
    Participant

@ibergstrom

Update: That didn’t find anything unfortunately. Is there anything else we can do?

Robin W

@robin-w

Is this plugin not compatible with Enfold?

or you could ask

is enfold not compatible with this plugin?

check out

https://kriesi.at/support/topic/getting-bbpress-to-work-with-the-enfold-theme/

and perhaps raise with enfold as this is a paid theme

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar