Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics Not Showing on Forum

• jasnlee
    Participant

@jasnlee

Hello,

Our topics are no longer being listed on our forum except for sticky topics I believe.

Top blue box says “This forum contains 32 topics and 24 replies, and was last updated by…” but it then only lists 3 topics “Viewing 3 topics – 1 through 3 (of 3 total)”

WordPress: 4.7.1
    bbPress: 2.5.12
    Theme: Salutation by Parallelus v3.0.2

Please help. Thank you.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

can you go to

dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save at then bottom, and then come back if not fixed

jasnlee
    Participant

@jasnlee

Hi Robin,

Thanks. I tried this and it did not work. My permalinks are set to “Post name” if that helps.

jasnlee
    Participant

@jasnlee

Another issue I’m seeing is when I try to click to view an actual post it doesn’t show it and says “Oh bother! No replies were found here!” In the Editor when I click Preview on the post same thing happens.

Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, something has changed, it could be a theme or plugin update

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Loinim
    Participant

@loinim

Same problem here.

Adding in forums and topics the topic says which forum it’s linked too. But to get it to actually I have to manually click topic then hit update to get it to actually sit in place 🙁

Only have bbpress active.

Only have twenty 15 theme on

Robin W

@robin-w

@loinim

Same problem here.

so can you confirm that you were working and now ‘Our topics are no longer being listed on our forum except for sticky topics I believe.’

Loinim
    Participant

@loinim

Sticky posts show.

Our topics show in the backend But not in the front.

But when I do a repair it drops them all off (no forum)

So the link is there (so to speak) but doesn’t actually show.

Robin W

@robin-w

@loinim are you on a local or network installation? and can you confirm that this was working but now isn’t.

jasnlee
    Participant

@jasnlee

@robin-w thanks.

I started deactivating plugins and found the plugin that was conflicting with bbPress. It was Simple Intranet’s Simple Files plugin https://www.simpleintranet.org/simple-files/

Any idea on what we should do? We would like to use both plugins…

Robin W

@robin-w

I’d suggest that it is an issue with worpdress capabilities.

However I’d suggest that you start by asking simples files support as that is a paid plugin.

annikathunberg
    Participant

@annikathunberg

Follow. Same problem, but not a plugin issue (deactivated all, and still experience the same problem). Changed theme from Fruitful to Twenty… but the issue still persist. It appeared after the WP update.

quan_flo
    Participant

@quan_flo

Hi there… I’m facing the same problem, I just tried to update my bbpress installation to the recent version and forum pages do not show topics…

Could you solve your problems and what exactly was the problem and how could you solve it?

Thanks in advance…

dskanth
    Participant

@dskanth

I was facing this issue due to the plugin “Search Everything”, which was recently updated.
    When i deactivated the plugin, it fixed the issue. So i reverted back to the old version of that plugin.

bsebastian86
    Participant

@bsebastian86

This is happening to me too.

I am using the HTML5Blank starter theme. This seems to be the problem too. When I switch themes, the topics show up. Only when I switch back to HTML5Blank theme, the topics disappear. Only Sticky topics seem to appear.

Has anyone found a solution or cause for this? Why some themes have the error, while others don’t? Would be really helpful because I’ve already customized my theme and I don’t want to have to do this all again.

celtinvest
    Participant

@celtinvest

It seems that I have the same problem as you: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/users-can-not-see-topics-anymore

The problem appears after I tryied to move a reply to another forum.

celtinvest
    Participant

@celtinvest

When I change the “roles on the forum” to the users from “participant” to “moderator”, they can see the topics. Otherwise it does not work.

celtinvest
    Participant

@celtinvest

Hello Guys,

I repared my forum !

Try this:
    Go to “dashbord” => “forums” => click on the name of your forum => In the forum attributes, change the visibility of the forum from private to public then click on save changes.
    After saving, you can change again from public to private. Save again.
    That’s it.

My forum is private. If your forum is public, do the opposite.

Let me know.

bsebastian86
    Participant

@bsebastian86

@celtinvest yeah, that didn’t do anything for me.

Robin W

@robin-w

try these possible fixes

bbpress wp4 fix

bbpress wp4 fix2

bsebastian86
    Participant

@bsebastian86

@robin-w none of those worked. But as I looked around, I had a search filter that removed pages from being included in search results. This lead to topics not showing. I removed that now and Topics are now showing. Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, glad you are fixed !!

StormD
    Participant

@stormd

Hi. Forgive me. I’m new to all of this…trying but new. My frontpage containing [bbp-forum-index] is not working. It shows the forums but not the topics.

I did try using Topics for Posts but decided I couldn’t see the benefit. So, at this point, I have tried the following things:
    checked permalinks
    reset forum root should show to topics by freshness
    I have repaired and reset bbpress
    And, at that point, I rolled the entire thing back with backup to before the bbpress install. And did not update any plugins. Also, though I have bbpress styling code thingies I had intended to use, I had not gotten past adding a bbpress folder to my theme’s child.

At this point, I am deactivating plugins but am not confident that will solve it. But if it does, I will come right back and try to delete this or just plain apologize.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Robin W

@robin-w

not sure what you are trying to achieve
    [bbp-forum-index] shows the forums, you click a forum and get a list of topics for that forum – ois that not happening?

StormD
    Participant

@stormd

that is not happening. I have completely deleted wp and started over fresh. I tried bbpress first with just a wp stock theme. Still. I have created forums and topics. Topics are not listed.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, to understand what your issue might be, I need a link to your site

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar