Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics are not shown in forum overview

• chickencurry
    Participant

@chickencurry

Dear community,

I have a problem with my forum page. It doesn’t show the topic titles in the forum overview. Only who and when posted shows up. It’s not an issue with my plugins, it still persists if I deactivate all and it’s already the same in the preview in the theme I bought.

You can see it here https://gamernaut.de/forum/

If you could help me how I can add the topic title that would be great! 🙂

Thanks everyone for reading and have a really nice day! 🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok it is showing what I would expect.

topics are shown only when you go into each forum which is standard bbpress behavior.

If you would like all the forums listed with titles, then create a WordPress page for your firums and put a list of forums in it as shortcode

[bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id] – Display a single forums topics. eg. [bbp-single-forum id=32]

so for instance out this on a page

[bbp-single-forum id=32]
    [bbp-single-forum id=33]
    [bbp-single-forum id=34]

chickencurry
    Participant

@chickencurry

Dear Robin,

thanks for coming up with a solution but this is not working for me. Because of two reasons, if I create a page for every forum (and subforum I am using), I don’t have real forum overview anymore.

The second reason is, I am using BuddyPress, where people can create facebook like groups. Those groups will get there own forum, which won’t appear on the site if I do it this way.

So it looks like I have to do some tweaks to the code that adds topic title to the output. Honestly it’s really weird that bbPress is behaving like this. I’ve never seen a forum that doesn’t show a titles on the front page.

Robin W

@robin-w

unless I am not understanding you, every other forum I have seen does what bbpress does

chickencurry
    Participant

@chickencurry

Honestly what maybe more important to the user? To see who replied to an unkown topic 2 days and 10 hours before or the information what topic it actually is?

Robin W

@robin-w

If you could explain further what you are expecting to see – maybe with a mock-up then I’ll take another look

chickencurry
    Participant

@chickencurry

@robin-w sorry for my late update have been pretty busy these days. I just want to appear the topic title above the last update on the forum page. Here an example:

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, thanks, got it

my style pack lets you put then topic title in the last column

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Freshness Display

chickencurry
    Participant

@chickencurry

Thank you sooooooo much for creating this plugin 🙂 Helped me improving much more 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

great – pleased your are fixed

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar