Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

topics are not ordered by last activity in bbPress 2.0

• GregKeen
    Participant

@gregkeen

I’ve upgraded to bbPress 2.0 from the BuddyPress forums.

Everything works fine except that the topic pages are not listing the topics in the order of last activity but instead in the same order as the wp-admin Topics page.

I couldn’t find any setting that would change this ordering and I’ve seen at various bbPress 2.0 forums that the ordering should work.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I’m lost too.

GregKeen
    Participant

@gregkeen

Does anyone have ideas about this? Thanks!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Have you tried recounting your topics and replies, by going to wp-admin > Tools > Recount? This can happen sometimes after a migration from another forum.

GregKeen
    Participant

@gregkeen

Yes, I have, but it didn’t help. :( Thanks for the suggestion though!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Can you link us to your site to look at it?

GregKeen
    Participant

@gregkeen

Sure, but it’s in Hungarian. :) Also, it’s a work in progress (the live site still uses the old bbPress which came with an older BuddyPress), so don’t judge!

The topic page which shows the wrong odering is located at: http://beta.gitartanfolyam.hu/forums/forum/bazar/

To help with the Hungarian wording: the last column shows freshness, the words “napja” means “days ago”.

Thanks for any help in advance!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Were these forums imported from a previous bbPress install? If so, how long ago, using what version of bbPress 2.0?

GregKeen
    Participant

@gregkeen

The forums were imported about a week ago from the bbPress integrated into BuddyPress 1.2.9. Maybe it’s important that I used bbConverter 1.1 for the import.

I have this problem also. Topics appear in random order. I´t a fresh install of WordPress single user site, and lastest bbPress. Recounting did nothing sadly…if anyone solves this problem please let me know, the forum is unusable like this.

GregKeen
    Participant

@gregkeen

Hi Guys,

I finally figured out what the problem was: I had the “Post Types Order” plugin installed which is supposed to help in ordering of blog posts but apparently it affected the topics and replies in the bbPress forum too. After switching it off the order of topics and replies got fixed. :)

Hope this is helpful for others with the same problem.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar