Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics are missing for everyone but me

• StudioManager

@studiomanager

Just upgraded to 2.1 and all topics are blank, they show up on the list of topics but any user other than myself can only see replies but not the original post…

This is true regardless of who created the post.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• StudioManager

@studiomanager

So after hours of digging it appears that there is an incompatibility with 21 and Membership-lite 2.0.7 . Everything looks fine from the Membership admin login but all other users see for each topic is the replies (if any). unfortunately I doubt the membership plugin will receive an update anytime soon 🙁 any thoughts what might have changed from bbpress 2.0.2 that caused this so I can manually fix it?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Does Membership-lite have any bbPress specific code in it? I suspect it has something to do with roles and capabilities. Maybe try deactivating bbPress, reactivating it, and visiting Settings > Forums. That silently does a bit of validation on some bbPress settings, in the event things get botched somehow.

StudioManager

@studiomanager

Thanks for the tip, however there is no change. there is one thing that seems to be odd that shows up also only for non-admin users. If I change the bbpress forum to use the 2010 theme files it works perfect for the admins but users get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bbporg_reply_search_query() in /home/content/”removed for privacy”/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten/bbpress/content-single-topic.php on line 42

I have re-downloaded bbpress 2.1 but this error remains. Not sure if it has anything to do with anything

StudioManager

@studiomanager

Wanted to say Thank you for trying even though isn’t not all on the bbpress communities shoulders.

Also I have attempted to deactivate every plugin that touches bbpress and then deactivating bbpress and reactivating it clean, no change.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

If bbporg_ is in the twentyten theme, that’s me being an idiot; and I’ll have to fix it in 2.1.1. Can you create a trac ticket over at bbpress.trac.wordpress.org, and I’ll take a look into this more?

StudioManager

@studiomanager

Ok posted about the bbporg issue.

Could this be causing the original issue?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Most likely it is. :sigh: #blamejjj

StudioManager

@studiomanager

Well i am more than willing to test any fix 🙂 just point me to the file 😛

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Fixed the bbporg issue for 2.1.1. Will look into the other later this evening.

StudioManager

@studiomanager

kk, just lemme know if there is anything i can do to help / assist

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar