Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics and Replies Not Showing Up

• charris25
    Participant

@charris25

I’m having the same/similar issue when I click into a group and click on the forum tab I can see

“This forum contains 1 topic and 1 reply, and was last updated by Admin 1 week, 2 days ago.”

“Viewing topic 1 (of 1 total)”

But under “Viewing topic” topics are not showing up for any user.

I had turned the search engine option on the dashboard on/off… that didn’t work.

I changed the theme to the word press default theme and topics seem to be working properly there so I believe its something with the theme but I’m not sure I’m currently using the salutation theme. http://themeforest.net/item/salutation-responsive-wordpress-buddypress-theme/548199

I’m using WordPress 3.9.1 bbpress 2.5.4 and Buddypress 2.0.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

As you’ve paid for a theme which says it’s bbpress compatible, I’d suggest you contact their support page and they should fix you !

charris25
    Participant

@charris25

Thanks Robin! I’ll try that.

Chris

charris25
    Participant

@charris25

unfortunately I was unable to get support from them. are there particular bugs I should look for in the themes coding?

Robin W

@robin-w

seems strange that they claim it is compatible, but can answer why it is not compatible !! 🙂

Ok lets try the following, to prove that it is solely a theme issue (sometimes they can be a combination)

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

charris25
    Participant

@charris25

Hey Robin, I tried disabling all plugins except for bbpress. it did not work.

Robin W

@robin-w

Ok so sorry it looks like a theme issue.

I don’t thin k it will help, but just might, so try

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

charris25
    Participant

@charris25

Hey Robin,

So I tried step 8. I duplicated and renamed page.php to bbpress.php. that didn’t seem to work.

Screenshot Here is what I’m seeing when I click into a group and click on the groups forum tab.

charris25
    Participant

@charris25

I just noticed that if I click on “3 days, 16 hours ago.” then I can see the topics. so i guess technically its working, but maybe I don’t have it displaying properly?

@charris25 Going by the screenshot you posted I doubt we can be much help here, you should contact support again, I noticed you said you asked above and then 8 hours after said you had no reply, maybe give them some more time or maybe there is an answer now from the question you posted.

charris25
    Participant

@charris25

I ended up updating the theme to the newest version and the replies showed up.

Excellent 🙂

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar