Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Topics all open as a 404 page

• katmmad
    Participant

@katmmad

I can create new topics on my development site, but if I click on the link to view the topic it takes me to a 404 page. This happens on the front end (http://dev.corporette.com/boards/) and the back end (if I go to the wpadmin dashboard, click Topics, and then click “view” from the menu for whichever topic.

(Once I create a new topic it also automatically takes me to a 404 page, even though the topic has been successfully created.)

Any idea what’s wrong? Thank you in advance. I’m running WordPress/Genesis/Prose, the bbPress that’s in beta (2.1?) and Buddypress as well. Thank you!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

First thing to try is changing and updating your permalinks and then changing them back again.

katmmad
    Participant

@katmmad

Amazing — that would not have occurred to me in a million years but obviously that was the area I should have been looking at first. Thank you, @Lynq! I toggled the permalinks from the Settings page, and toggled the little button in the bbPress settings page also (first unchecked it to NOT give permalinks a topic slug, then rechecked it) and that seemed to do the trick. SUPER annoying that it broke like that, though.

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Happens every so often.

Good to see you got it fixed.

zanzaboonda
    Participant

@zanzaboonda

This fixed it for me, too. Thanks so much! :D

Recipraycity
    Participant

@recipraycity

I just wanted to say… fixed it for me too! My thanks also.

Support forums = good
    Me trying to figure things out on my own = bad

🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar