Categories
Search
Bottom

Topic View

• kahlidah
    Participant

@kahlidah

I have searched everywhere for an answer but cant find one to this

I have created a single page forum, using a custom page and a shortcode for forum id. The layout for this page is completely different to the rest of my site. All is good with that until you click on a topic and the topic page reverts back to the standard template of the rest of my site.

I need the single topic page to replicate that one custom page on my site and can’t for the life of me work out how. Would be good if I could just duplicate the page layout by creating a new page and using shortcode like I did with the forum page, but the only shortcode for topics I can find is [bbp-single-topic id=$topic_id] which calls for a specific topic id, not for all topics.

How do I get around this. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

kahlidah
    Participant

@kahlidah

Yes, I read that and according to my edit panel I am using the default template – which I am guessing is just my theme. All my pages say they are using the default template regardless of the layout on the actual page. I have searched through file manager on cpanel and can only find the one page.php with no obvious other php files. Is there any other way to determine which php file I should be copying because right now – there only appears to be the one.

Robin W

@robin-w

the problem is that modern themes ignore what wordpress expects and do all sorts of clever stuff.

yes copy page.php and rename it to bbpress.php

then post a copy of the file here, and I’ll try and help further

kahlidah
    Participant

@kahlidah

Yes, its a tricky theme –

all this is in page.php is this

<?php
    /**
    * Single Page
    */

get_template_part(‘single’);
    ?>

So, I go look in single.php and this is what is in there..

<?php
    /**
    * Single post
    */
    get_header();

$single_style = lorem_ipsum_books_media_store_storage_get(‘single_style’);
    if (empty($single_style)) $single_style = lorem_ipsum_books_media_store_get_custom_option(‘single_style’);

while ( have_posts() ) { the_post();
    lorem_ipsum_books_media_store_show_post_layout(
    array(
    ‘layout’ => $single_style,
    ‘sidebar’ => !lorem_ipsum_books_media_store_param_is_off(lorem_ipsum_books_media_store_get_custom_option(‘show_sidebar_main’)),
    ‘content’ => lorem_ipsum_books_media_store_get_template_property($single_style, ‘need_content’),
    ‘terms_list’ => lorem_ipsum_books_media_store_get_template_property($single_style, ‘need_terms’)
    )
    );
    }

get_footer();
    ?>

I tried so many things yesterday..am giving it a bit more today..but any help would be great. Even if I can just get rid of the sidebar (and no deleting the sidebar line does not work)

kahlidah
    Participant

@kahlidah

Well I managed a workaround and appear to have come up with a good solution.

I installed the custom sidebars plug in, then used a text widget to place my desired page content in for the topic page. I made that my default widget which means it automatically shows up on the topic page. To set the rest of my pages back to my standard widget, I used the custom sidebars plug in. It’s not a solution to solving the template issues with intricate themes, but a good workaround. Only took me three days to think of it 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

hey great – glad you’re fixed, and thanks for posting your solution to help others

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar