Categories
Search
Bottom

Topic only visable for selected user

• dvalken
    Participant

@dvalken

Hello BBpress people,

Ive searched the forum and google but nog able to find this specific question.

Im having a Computer repair company and im budy building a forum so people can view the status of their repair real time. but i want it to be as private as it can be, so i want to be able to select the user for the topic so only the site admins and the selected user can see/open the topic.

Is there a way to do this?

Kind regards,
    Darwin

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Private groups

and look at the topic permissions settings, in particular

Create/Edit/view OWN Topics,

dvalken
    Participant

@dvalken

Ok got it installed, but how to i assign the topic to one specific user? so both the admin and selected user can see the topic?

Robin W

@robin-w

if user creates topic, iit is already assigned them

If you are creating topics, then you can amend the user in the topic backend

dashboard>topics>edit topic and you will see the topic author as you and can change.

dvalken
    Participant

@dvalken

So i almost got it working the way i want it, but at this moment the only problem is when a new costumer gets registrated wordpress puts it in the Costumer role of WordPress,

For some reason the plugin is not picking up the “Assign Groups to Roles” i made group 2 “Costumers” and connected them to the WordPress Costumer group. but for some reason its not happening and the user is still in basic role instead of upgraded tot Group 2 ‘costumer” role in bbpress

Robin W

@robin-w

so are you adding on first visit, or on every visit?

dvalken
    Participant

@dvalken

The steps are following,

• Step 1: Costumer creates an appointment
    • Step 2: wordpres checks if the customer is having an account if not it creates one
    • Step 3: When an account is created it gets the wordpress role “Costumer”
    • Step 4: the by u provided app gives the costumer the forum role “Costumer”
    • Step 5: Website admin checks the appointment and creates an Forum topic what is only visable by costumers role of the forum
    • Step 6: Website admin makes the Costumer owner of the topic so only costumer and admin can view it

`
    Only step 4 is not woring, the users are still in the bbpress standard role of the forum, they are not promoted to the “Costumers” group

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, my code does not change any roles, the user will still get the participant role.

The plugin makes them a member of a group, and as the forum is also a member of that group, they can them see the forum. The forum’s topic permissions then let them see only their topic

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar