Categories
Search
Bottom

Too many redirects on forum, not on normal pages

• Juha Metsäkallas
    Participant

@juhametsakallas

Hello!

I don’t know whether my site has had this from the beginning or not, since I haven’t used <!-- nextpage-> before, but…

Paging works on normal pages (post_type=page), but on forums paging causes the “too many redirects” error (even with a post with just text, no links, no images).

My site has a DV certificate from the web host provider (they took care of everything), Settings → General has the same https address for WP and the site.

WP 5.4 and bbPress 2.6.4

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I don’t fully understand your question.

Can you rephrase it as a series of steps I can repeat.

so ‘create a topic, do this, do that and then you see this happens’

Robin W

@robin-w

I got a couple of emails, but no post here, did you mean to delete?

Juha Metsäkallas
    Participant

@juhametsakallas

I tried to fix some typos, but it seems that it was interpreted as breach. Let me try anew.

Steps to reproduce.

1. Have the lorem ipsum text with <!--nextpage-->

>
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
    <!–nextpage–>
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
    <

2. If I create a page in my site with that text (and only that text), I see the first part and the navigation to the second part as my theme defines. The navigation works i.e. by clicking I can go to the second part.

3. If I create a topic in my bbPress forum with that text (and only that text), I see the first part and the navigation to the second part as my theme defines. However the navigation does not work, i.e. by clicking I get the “too many redirects” error.

Robin W

@robin-w

Great – thanks for posting that – I now understand 🙂

is this a WordPress.com hosted site?

Juha Metsäkallas
    Participant

@juhametsakallas

No, the site is hosted at a local web hotel, which offers CPanel with Softaculous Apps Installer (I used that when I created the site a few years ago) and other tools.

Robin W

@robin-w

so are you running this plugin?

Automatically Paginate Posts

or another that does this, or does your theme add this ?

Juha Metsäkallas
    Participant

@juhametsakallas

Eh, I’ve thought that that code is built in into WP. If that is not the case, then it must come with some of the bundles that accompany my theme. Could it be Kirki Customizer Framework?

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm..not come across this before, from googling seems to be a wrodpress.com thing – doesn’t mean that I’m right – there’s tons on the internet that I don’t know, but just tried <!-- nextpage-> on posts in a couple of test sites, and it does nothing.

Can only suggest you find out what is adding it, but you may need to accept that it doesn’t work in bbpress

webcreations907
    Participant

@webcreations907

<!-- nextpage-> converts to paginated links when using wp_link_pages() WordPress function for pages, posts, etc content, some themes add it some may not. As stated on WordPress wp_link_pages() must be in a loop/used for post content output.

I don’t think(maybe wrong) that it would be a good idea to use it in topics and replies for bbpress since bbpress has it’s own pagination functionality.

Thought I’d mention it. 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

@webcreations907 thanks for that – really helpful 🙂

Juha Metsäkallas
    Participant

@juhametsakallas

Thank you, both of you! I’ll tosh the idea and look for some other solutions.

Robin W

@robin-w

you’re welcome !

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar