To make bbPress ready for mobile
We have been trying to build a mobile app. It requires an API to handle the following:
1. Create a new topic,
2. Reply to a topic,
3. Subscribe to the forum
4. Subscribe to a topic
5. Display the name of the user who created the topic
6. Display the name of the user who replied to the topic
7. Delete a topic he created
8. Delete the reply he created
9. Edit the topic he created
10.Edit the replies he made
We have been testing this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-api/
Not only was it old, it does not handle any function related to “write” functions. For example, we can pull out the bbPress info (Read), but we could not use this API to create topics or submit a reply.
With this limitation, it is hard to imagine people will stick with bbPress as mobile becomes more crucial.
Yes, we could create custom solutions using WP REST API, but this is not ideal for bbPress. And more important, we could not find the latest documentation.
Please address this gap or if there is already a recommended solution, help as many people know about it as possible.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.