Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

TinyMCE theming in bbpress 2.1-beta1

• enderandrew
    Participant

@enderandrew

Can I adjust the colors for TinyMCE for bbPress?

I’ve got dark text on a dark background. I tried adding this to my child theme style.css but it doesn’t look like it has helped.

body#tinymce{height:140px;border-right-color:#aaa;border-bottom-color:#aaa;line-height:1.5em;color:#F5FAFF;border:solid 1px #555;background-color:#333;padding:5px 3px 3px 7px;}

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• enderandrew
    Participant

@enderandrew

I ended up installing the CK Editor for WordPress plugin. It can be configured for comments as well, and it worked for bbPress out of the box. I can also theme it with CSS.

However, I’m sure someone else may need to theme the tinymce as well.

enderandrew
    Participant

@enderandrew

The CK Editor for WordPress won’t allow captions on images, and will break posts that have captions. So, I can’t use it on my site.

I’m back to square one with my initial issue. I can’t theme the TinyMCE editor used by bbPress now. Can someone point me to what CSS tags I should use?

enderandrew
    Participant

@enderandrew

I found it wasn’t a matter of which CSS tag to use. WordPress uses the CSS file from inside wp-includes/js/tinymce and it overrides your style. I assume that’s because tinymce should ignore your theme in the backend and just look the same regardless of theme in the backend.

But this poses an issue with bbpress using tinymce on the front end.

Personally, I around this by following this tutorial:

http://matty.co.za/2010/05/editor-style-in-wordpress/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar