Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tinymce code text mode problem

• Audiomonk
    Participant

@audiomonk

I’ve a few users who, for some reason, can not see the text mode buttons when I enable tinymce. I followed instructions in these forums to get it to work (add entry to functions.php) and it works for most people. The people it doesn’t work for, can still see the visual mode buttons, but get nothing when they switch to text. Then if they click visual, the visual mode buttons appear again.

Short of a major debug with plugins and the like, I was wondering has anyone any theories as to anything obvious I could check first?

Best wishes

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• pyoil
    Participant

@pyoil

Disable your plugins one by one, starting with your cache plugins and see if it fixes the issue.

I was having the same issue. In my case, my cache plugin was breaking both the tinymce visual editor and the quick tags in the text editor.

To fix both, I excluded the following JS scripts in my cache plugins:

js/tinymce, js/backbone.min.js, js/underscore.min.js, js/comment-reply.min.js

If you use Autooptimize then add the above piece of code here

Settings > Autooptimize > JavaScript Options > Exclude scripts from Autoptimize:

pyoil
    Participant

@pyoil

Small change to the exclusion list. Excluding the backbone.min.js and js/underscore.min.js broke the forum page.

Add the following instead:
    js/tinymce, js/comment-reply.min.js

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar