Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Timezone changing crashes BBpress / Not functioning?

• Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘DateTimeZone::__construct() [datetimezone.–construct]: Unknown or bad timezone (UTC-7)’ in /home/neosmcn1/public_html/hsti/forum/bb-admin/options-general.php:180 Stack trace: #0 /home/neosmcn1/public_html/hsti/forum/bb-admin/options-general.php(180): DateTimeZone->__construct(‘UTC-7’) #1 {main} thrown in /home/neosmcn1/public_html/hsti/forum/bb-admin/options-general.php on line 180

Here’s a random question, does BBPress support timezone differences?

I see the option in the options-general.php in bb-admin, but, I’m beginning to wonder if it’s implemented yet. Doesn’t’ appear to be, yet. As I can change the time-zone willy-nilly, and the times listed below are not affected. (IE, I’m GMT-7, so I have selected Edmonton as the closets city to me. At the time of writing, it is 12:43p here, and my forum says it’s 6:43p. Mind you, it ALSO says that UTC ALSO is 6:43p. … whut??)

Moreover, the options drop-down seems to be populating false timezones toward the end, the UTCxxxx portions. UTC itself is fine under ETC, but under the “Manual offsets” there are a set of UTC-7, UTC+7, UTC-1, etc. However, in PHP, DateTimeZone does not recognize the UTC-xx or UTC+xx values. They are incorrect. Shouldn’t they be GMT-xxx or GMT+xxx?

I’ve tried looking in the code for some answers, (bb-includes/backpress/functions.core.php and bb-admin/options-general.php ) but neither of them seem to be shedding any light…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar