Threaded Replies – Still not working
Seen this one come up a few times in this forum, but have yet to see a fix. Hopefully the following additional details help to diagnose the threaded replies not working very well:
– It is not a conflict with my theme (I switched to 2019 and disabled all plugins).
– The issue does not occur when I am logged in as an administrator (nested/threaded replies work fine if I’m logged in with my admin account) or when all other plugins are disabled.
– Re-enabling WooCommerce makes the issue come back (so that suggests that there is some interaction with WC that is causing this).
– When the issue is present, the reply form briefly appears where it’s supposed to (directly below the reply that I am replying to), but the page then redirects to the same page with querystring parameters appended to the URL. Example: mysite.com/topic/the-topic-title/?bbp_reply_to=7330&_wpnonce=bb385daa6e#new-post
– Also when the issue is present, I see the following js errors in the console when I hit reply:
“TypeError: event.target.matches is not a function” – touch-keyboard-navigation.js:277:22
“TypeError: d is null” – reply.min.js:3:997 (appears to have to do with scrolling, probably what’s in charge of scrolling the page down to the reply form)
I’m guessing that maybe this redirection should be disabled somewhere? I can’t interrupt it to test out whether the reply would work correctly if the page didn’t redirect me first.
Since WooCommerce is such a common plugin, I’m hoping this issue can be addressed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.