Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

threaded forum ?

• I just would like to know if it is possible to run this forum with “threaded posts” ?

In order to see who has replied to a certain post – in order to get more “structure” into the forum.

Also, is there a chance to receive an e-mail in order to be informed when somebody replied to my forum-post ?

Are these features already build-in into BBPress ? If not, is there a plan to make this functionality happen ?

Many thanks,

Erich

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I haven’t tried this one yet, but there’s a plugin that supports threaded comments:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/threaded-posts/

Maybe worth trying out?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Wouldn’t WordPress do most of what you’re looking for? WordPress supports threaded comments now, so replies to a post take on the shape of a threaded conversation. Also, email notification of replies is built in. What are you looking for in bbPress that WordPress does not offer?

Without the bbPress Threaded Replies plugin, Replies to Forum Topics and Replies just list in sequence when using just bbPress.

Activated bbPress Threaded Replies and the replies to replies were placed correctly. Some basic setting come from Dashboard > Settings > Discussions > Other Comment Settings.

However the threaded replies are not indented as happens with Threaded Comments for Posts. Using the Education Theme and the Genesis Framework. Don’t know what supplies the indenting on threaded Post Comments.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar