Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Theme won't support a Child Theme.. now what?

• Hi, I am using a custom theme, which I am not the author of. I have, however, made quite a few changes to the css of my current theme. In order to try and fully integrate the bbpress plugin, I tried to set up a child theme (according to JJJ instructions), but it seems that my current theme just doesn’t support one. My question is, where do I go from here?

The other interesting thing is that I changed from a standalone bbpress to the plugin, and imported all of our topics, post, etc. just fine. What also appeared, surprisingly, was the custom edits we had made to our standalone bbpress forum. Can someone tell me how/where it is pulling these codes/styles from?

Thanks in advance!!

gogo-gringo.com

gogo-gringo.com/forum

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Additional info:

I tried adding all the *single, *archive, and *page files to my theme’s folder, then added add_theme_support( ‘bbpress’ ); to the top of my theme’s function.php file. All that did was strip my website of its background, menu, and a few other features– and the forum stayed exactly as is.

(I should note that while I’ve learned to do some basic CSS and HTML coding over the last few months, I am no where near being any sort of expert).

Cheers,

GoGo

Also, interestingly, when I view our replies and posts from the WP dashboard, they show up with our theme’s css.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar