Categories
Search
Bottom

Theme Twenty Seventeen – no forum sidebar

• qwinn
    Participant

@qwinn

Hello –

I want my regular blog sidebar to show up on all my forum pages, but for some reason it just won’t appear. If I switch to a different theme, the sidebar appears in most of them, which tells me the bbpress scripts are probably fine.

In my staging area I added a plugin that adds the sidebar to pages (which is not the default for Twenty Seventeen). That worked fine for regular pages – but still no blog sidebar in the forums. So that’s not the issue.

My website is: http://qwinnmods.com/

The forum I’m trying to fix is: http://qwinnmods.com/forums/forum/dragon-age-origins-fixpack-forum/

As you can see, the forum width is very narrow, plenty of room for a sidebar, but nothing shows up.

I do have coding experience and am not afraid to try it, I just don’t see how, if the sidebar shows up in the forums when I try it with other themes, why it wouldn’t show up in this theme. So mucking about with child themes or bbpress scripts doesn’t logically seem like it would make a difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• qwinn
    Participant

@qwinn

Additional info: I installed “What The File” on my staging area. Went to a regular page that now has a sidebar because of that other plugin. Compared the “What The File” references there to the “What The File” references for my main forum page. They’re identical – page.php and the same set of 5 “Template Parts”.

qwinn
    Participant

@qwinn

Never mind, figured it out. Adding:

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

…at the proper place in the page.php for the theme sorted it. For whatever reason, the plugin I used worked on regular pages but not on forum pages. Editing the theme’s page.php directly made it work everywhere.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar