Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Theme not working

• Hi,

I just downloaded BBpress and set it up. It works fine but the theme isn’t applying. Any ideas?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • To be more specific… I set the kakumei theme in the admin area and the theme seems to work in the admin area. but back in the main area there is no theme. Just plain text.

Are you running it on Xampp or similar? The problem might also affect windows servers, can’t remember. Check any output page’s HTML, looking for a <link media="screen" type="text/css" src="example.com/style.css" />, and copy the src value here. It’s likely malformed, containing backwards slashes which FF doesn’t like.

“To be more specific… I set the kakumei theme in the admin area and the theme seems to work in the admin area. but back in the main area there is no theme. Just plain text. “

-> First time I installed bbpress I had the very same problem. I just downloaded another theme and I activated from the admin control panel.

fel64,

you’re right. It contains some wacky slashes:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://somethingsomethingforum/bb-templates/kakumei/style.css" type="text/css" />

any idea how to fix this?

bump

Please don’t bump these things, still easily on the front page and people will reply if they know – it’s a bit impolite. I think it’s fixable but can’t remember how myself.

I was able to find this in past discussion. I’m posting the fix here in case anyone else needs it:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/700/page/2?replies=64#post-4936

from Trent, but code fixed up a little by Nanome:

“Create a file called whatever you want, but I recommend path-to-url.php

and put the following in it and upload it to /my-plugins/ directory:”

-Trent

Nanome’s fix:

<?php

function fix_bb_path_to_url( $url ) {

$url = str_replace(array(‘//’, ‘\\’, ‘\’), array(‘/’, ‘\’, ‘/’), $url);

return preg_replace( ‘|:/([^/])|’, ‘://$1′, $url );

}

add_filter( ‘bb_path_to_url’, ‘fix_bb_path_to_url’, 1, -1 );

?>

shoot. Theme is working but if do anything (enter a post, add a forum, etc) I get this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:Program Filesxampphtdocsvtmorgforummy-pluginspath-to-url.php:14) in C:Program Filesxampphtdocsvtmorgforumbb-includespluggable.php on line 166

That’s probably because there are some empty lines above or below the <?php or ?> – check for them. Thanks for coming back and posting the solution, too. :)

Not in the path-to-url.php file, anyway.

Unless you’ve sent out any header information with header() there must be; I can think of no other way to explain it. It does say, output started in that file.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar