Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

"Theme My Login" and bbpress login redirect conflict

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Gene
    Participant

@gene158

I am also having the same problem, is there a fix for this? If not, what can I do to setup page redirection for bbPress Participant users?

Thanks!

Sloppy Buns
    Participant

@diggories

Have you enabled Custom Redirection

Enabling this module will initialize custom redirection. You will then have to configure the settings via the “Redirection” tab.

If not just go to Theme My Login “General” settings and enable it there then go to “redirection” and click “Referrer” on all sections or whatever you prefer.

Will Brownsberger
    Participant

@will-brownsberger

The redirection settings don’t help.

Having the same problems.

Problem also appears here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-theme-my-login-login-redirect-issue-with-bbpress

For me, these coding solutions don’t seem to work either:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-theme-my-login-redirection-module-not-sending-to-referer

Will Brownsberger
    Participant

@will-brownsberger

Stumbled into a solution for this.

In this file:
    /public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/users/functions.php

Comment out lines 34 and 35. Lines 33 through 35 as appearing in the original are shown below. Line 33 contains the comment from the original.

33	// $url was manually set in wp-login.php to redirect to admin
     34	elseif ( admin_url() === $url )
     35		$url = home_url();

Hate to edit the core functions, but it works.

Please note: Running Theme-my-login Version 6.3.8, bbPress Version 2.5.1, WordPress 3.8.

actionscripted
    Participant

@actionscripted

Confirming that this is still an issue with WP 4.0, bbPress 2.5.4 and ThemeMyLogin 6.3.10.

The suggested fix from @will-brownsberger still works and fixes things. This is an issue with general login redirects as even custom redirects using login_redirect filter (WP core) don’t work.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar