Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Theme issue with webkit browsers

• I have an issues with webkit browsers that I can solve. Please help.

In Firefox, the forums display correctly, but in Safari/Chrome the contents of each column are displaced to the right by one column. For instance, there is a four column theme for the forum. From right to left: Forum title, topic count, posts, and freshness. The name of the forum, instead of being displayed in the “forum title” column, is instead being displaced in the column to its right, in the “topic count” forum. Please view at http://www.uclapowerlifting.com/forums_uclap

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

If you revert your theme to the standard twentyten, do you still have the problem?

As far as I know, bbpress is using the twentyten theme. Sorry, my experience is limited.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Sorry, I meant change your entire website theme to twentyten and test. I would also suggest disabling all other plugins.

If that fixes the problem then I would reactivate plugins one at a time and see when the problem comes back. If it doesn’t then activate your current theme and see if the problem comes back. If the problem comes back, then you know if it is your theme or a plugin that is causing the problem.

Disabling the plugins did not remove the problem, but reverting the theme back to the original twenty eleven did solve the problem. I suppose it is a problem with my custom theme. Any way I might go about solving the problem with my theme? Thanks a lot for your help so far.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Odds are pretty good that it has something to do with the css files. I’d ask the theme author what he is doing to cause this issue.

I read through the code that I can see but have no idea what is wrong. I do see the style.css being called twice in your header, but that would not cause this problem.

Honestly, this one is so weird, that I’d love to hear what the fix ends up being so if you do find out, please do share….

Strangely enough, this issue seems to have fixed itself in Chrome, but for some reason still persists in Safari.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

What did the theme author have to say?

To have something like this happen in a single browser means he obviously coded something specific to Safari that isn’t working right.

I have the same issue. Chrome works fine, but Safari displays the Topics table one column to the right.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar