Categories
Search
Bottom

The development of bbpress – errors – what should be repaired

• Danishsard
    Participant

@danishsard

Hello, the bbpress plugin is not updated anymore

Error – when wordpress can be used for the wordpress discussion. Someone will send a new topic with these words – it is automatically redirected to a non-existent page – this is a forum bug.

The entire wordpress discussion settings should also work bbpress – and not just selected elements – that would increase the functionality of the forum at zero cost.

When someone writes a new post or subject with moderation after the settings in the wordpress discussion – it should be displayed to him the same as comments but invisible lda others because it is in the browser cache.

………

If you do not do anything with bbpress then you can do a premium help department to make money on it, probably it is the reason that there are no pforits for years abandoning it yourself. You can also enter the ads on bbpres.org, something that would be there too, it is sad that this project is practically forgotten by the creators and not revised.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Error – when wordpress can be used for the wordpress discussion. Someone will send a new topic with these words – it is automatically redirected to a non-existent page – this is a forum bug.

can you describe an exact series of stepsto get this error – I do not understand

The entire wordpress discussion settings should also work bbpress – and not just selected elements – that would increase the functionality of the forum at zero cost.

zero cost ?? – just a massive recode of bbpress taking many many hours!!! What bit is missing ?

Danishsard
    Participant

@danishsard

1. Set yourself in the discussion settings word that requires checking, for example: “www” then you would like to use the topic as a guest on bbpress with this word – you will be redirected to a non-existent page

2. It does not work, for example, in the settings of the discussion so as not to require an email and signature from users – in the forum and so it is required despite not marking it in the discussion options.

Also, moderation does not work if you have 1 link or more to the forum just d comments

Robin W

@robin-w

is the word in moderation or blacklist ?

Danishsard
    Participant

@danishsard

word moderation

Danishsard
    Participant

@danishsard

look also at the fact that when something is waiting to zakoppetowania no information about this information – the icon in the administration panel. Likewise, in the dashboard, I do not write hidden posts if there are any in automatic moderation. Many sayings do not work in bbpress

Only you still answer – the rest of the people went away and forgot about bbpress for years from what you see.

Robin W

@robin-w

@danishsard

some great people wrote bbpress software for free, spent many many hours writing code, getting feedback, improving and supporting it – all for free and they did this for many years.

In the background they do work on bbpress form time to time.

That they now are mainly doing other things is sad for us, but they have a perfect right to do as they wish, and should feel under no obligation to spend time supporting the code.

Similarly I have written a number of plugins that do stuff in bbpress, and I support these as I am able to and when I have free time. I also do some support on here. But this is all voluntary, and there will come a time when I no longer wish to do so.

There are a number of things that bbpress could do differently – what you call ‘should be repaired’ – but that is just your view on how it should work, and no-one is under any obligation to do anything – that is how OSF software works.

I can replicate your issue of a non existent page, and when I get some time I may (or may not) look at how to fix this.

But please be thankful that free code is out there and make the most of what it does, not resentful of what it does not do.

Danishsard
    Participant

@danishsard

Easy, I translate plugins for various scripts also for free, and nobody tells me anything. Satarm is also best done as I can.

For me it is strange that the forum of wordpress is dead in the project. It could, after all, bring considerable income to people who would develop it as if they thought about a premium suport and such solutions.

austex
    Participant

@austex

That they now are mainly doing other things is sad for us, but they have a perfect right to do as they wish, and should feel under no obligation to spend time supporting the code.

Agree that they have the right to do as they wish, but they should at least publicly announce whether they are going to end bbPress development, or if it’s going to continue to languish for years at a time.

I understand @johnjamesjacoby is a very busy guy, but we are constantly told to be wary of plugins that are old.

More importantly, a lot of us have moved on to other software, rather than continue to beta-test bbPress 2.6 (which has been in some form of RC for over 3 years, and the latest RC came out in December of last year).

I have a big project that I’m putting together for somebody (they want WordPress), and some kind of lightweight/small forums are planned for, and it’s frustrating that I’m having to look elsewhere for forum software, or rigging some kind of fancy comment system (trying to avoid Disqus and Facebook for obvious reasons).

It’s odd, because bbPress could be a selling point for WordPress in their competition with other platforms. It’s also odd, because they have some very competent people working for them, but then they allow bbPress to kind of just drift along.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar