Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Template Tags

• fel64

@fel64

I would like/want to know about all the various template tags there are. For example, I wanted to change the way authors are presented next to their post, but found it impossible without changing core files (and those fairly confusing anyway). It would be nice if there were more template tags like there are in wordpress, so that I could call the_author(), the_author_title(), the_author_website(), the_author_profile() (or some variation with parameter-passed requested details). I’d like something, in other words, that was simple and straightforward to use, where looking over code you could immediately see the function. Maybe it’s implemented but I couldn’t see it?

If they exist, then at least a list of them would be nice.

More template tags would be great.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think bbPress is still like the Wild West, and is changing so often that writing the docs would be a waste of time. It’s not super complicated, so if you have a question about how to get a specific piece of data, you can always ask here or grep through the code. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who are very good at writing plugins. Looking through the plugin code is helpful too.

Plugins

Good luck and share what you learn. Thanks.

fel64

@fel64

It’s not so urgently documentation I want, more a list of available things. Hooks, too – for example, I’d like to make something happen when the user registers, but I don’t have any idea where I can look for available hooks (or template tags, for that matter).

fel64

@fel64

Does anyone know about a registration hook?

Or a way to get page numbers of a thread to show in the thread listing?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

fel64: can you clarify the “page numbers” question? Are you looking for the number of pages that are in the thread.

And what sort of hook for registration? I am trying to learn here too. What do you want to do with that hook?

fel64

@fel64

Page numbers – say a thread has more than 30 replies and falls onto the second page, it’s very irritating having to click the thread’s name and then click again to get to the second page. Next to the page’s name you should simply have the page numbers displayed and clickable, hopefully in a smart way (say showing the first few and the last few). You can see it on this forum, too: say I want to read the second page of posts in the Plugin: Forum Restriction thread, I have to click on the name and then on the second page. Is there maybe even a plugin to list the page numbers next to the page name in the thread listing?

In WordPress you have hooks that let you take actions through your plugin when they’re called, right? I guess bbPress does the same. I specifically want to create an Identicon avatar on registration – it’s not essential, just something I’d like to do. How do I register my plugin to work on that hook, and what hook do I use? Just a list of hooks would be helpful. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar