Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Template

• loftus49
    Participant

@loftus49

I’m trying to create “Register” pages in WP (version: 6.2.2) for bbpress (Version 2.6.9). The following instructions say to access the following template.

“Before adding the page, it is important to select the bbPress template page for User Register. This can be done by clicking on the drop-down Template menu on the right hand section of the screen and selecting bbPress – User Register.”

I cannot find a bbpress template. I tried several themes (astra, neve, etc.) I used the bbpress style pack (version 5.5.5) and tried numerous priorities on “Forum Templates” ranging from 1 to 1000.

This is a practice site before replicating the issue on a staging site. So “oops” to the data or configuration is unimportant.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I am not sure where you are seeing

“Before adding the page, it is important to select the bbPress template page for User Register. This can be done by clicking on the drop-down Template menu on the right hand section of the screen and selecting bbPress – User Register.”

Can you say when/wher this appears eg

dashboard>settings>xx>yy

loftus49
    Participant

@loftus49

Robin W

@robin-w

ok these are instructions from 12 years ago, and are not applicable for the current version of bbpress.

If you just enable the ‘anyone can register’, then users can register from either the topic/reply forms, or you can use a register page – ie create a page – call it whatever you want and put the shortcode [bbp-register] in it. Then add this page to your menu.

loftus49
    Participant

@loftus49

Many thanks (again). I’ll use the shortcode to resolve this, as you suggest.

Another SOLVED and CLOSED issue.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar